Around The Garden In March
Recut lawn edges if they need it.
Mow your lawn if it needs it! Set the blades high and choose a day that’s dry.
Remove any pond netting left over from autumn and winter.
Remove slimy patches from patios and paving. Give them a good scrub with a broom or a blast from a pressure washer!
Give watering cans a good clean. This prevents fungal diseases.
Lay new turf when the ground isn’t frozen or waterlogged.
- Prune and feed roses now. Feed with a special rose feed or fertiliser as they come into growth.
- Dig a 5cm layer of compost, well-rotted manure or green waste into vegetable beds. This will get them ready for the growing season!
- Mulch fruit trees with well-rotted manure or compost. Do not mound mulch around the trunk!
- Lay new turf when the ground isn't frozen or waterlogged.
- There is still a lack of food in the wild so keep those bird feeders and trays topped up!