Plant bedding plants such as wallflowers, bellis, primulas and winter pansies for fantastic colourful displays.
If summer containers are looking past their best, re-plant them with fresh winter bedding plants.
Now that colder weather is approaching, protect half-hardy plants with fleece or bring into a frost-free greenhouse.
Plant daffodil bulbs, tulip bulbs and allium bulbs for a glorious spring display.
Plant out ornamental trees and shrubs.
This month is an ideal time to move trees and shrubs, as well as plant hedges.
This Month's Key Tips
- Clear up fallen autumn leaves on a regular basis.
- Cut back perennials that have died down.
- Harvest fruit trees - apples and pears.
- Move tender plants into the greenhouse for winter.
- Renovate old lawns or create new grass areas by laying turf.