Autumn Fruit and Vegetables
If you haven’t done so already, cut back fruited canes of summer fruiting raspberries, leaving the new green canes for next years crop.
Harvest your fruit trees such as apples and pears.
When planting blueberry plants make sure you have an acid or ericaceous compost.
Move citrus trees indoors to a bright, frost-free positioning away from cold draughts and radiators.
Harvest squashes and pumpkins before the first frost.
Plant autumn onion sets and garlic bulbs for cropping next summer.
Tie in next years raspberry canes with support wires or fencing.
This Month's Key Tips
- Clear up fallen autumn leaves on a regular basis.
- Cut back perennials that have died down.
- Harvest fruit trees - apples and pears.
- Move tender plants into the greenhouse for winter.
- Renovate old lawns or create new grass areas by laying turf.