Fruit & Vegetables
Pinch out any side shoots from your tomato plants and seed once the first truss is setting fruit. You can pot up the side shoots to create new tomato plants.
Continue to earth up potato plants as they grow. If you are growing potatoes in bags simply add more compost to half way up the plant stem.
Harvest salad crops and resow every 2 weeks for a constant supply of tasty leaves.
Harvest early potatoes as these are normally ready from 10 weeks after planting.
Look out for onion and garlic leaves yellowing and dying back, this means they are ready to harvest.
This Month's Key Tips
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down
- Be water-wise and keep plants hydrated
- Pinch out side shoots on tomatoes
- Prune spring flowering shrubs
- Mow lawns weekly
- Shade greenhouses to keep cool and prevent scorch