Fruit & Vegetables
Pinch out any side shoots from your tomato plants and feed once the first truss is setting fruit. You can pot up the side-shoots to create new tomato plants.
Continue to earth up potato plants as they grow. If you’re growing potatoes in bags simply add more compost to half way up the plant stem.
Harvest salad crops and resow every 2 weeks for a constant supply of tasty leaves.
Harvest early potatoes as these are normally ready from 10 weeks after planting.
Look out for onion and garlic leaves yellowing and dying back, this means they are ready to harvest.
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down.
- Be water-wise and keep plants hydrated.
- Pinch out sideshoots on tomatoes.
- Harvest lettuce, raddish, other salads and early potatoes.
- Prune spring flowering shrubs.
- Shade greenhouse to keep them cool and prevent scorch.
- Mow lawns weekly.