In The Flower Garden In February
Lily bulbs can be planted in pots.
Hardy annuals can be sown into pots or modules to add some colour.
Keep deadheading your winter pansies.
Pots and containers will benefit from being topped up with some fresh compost.
Sow Sweet Peas under cloches, in a cool room in the house, or in a cold frame.
Remove faded flowers from winter pansies to stop them setting seed. This encourages a bloom of lovely new flowers when the weather warms up.
- Prepare vegetable seed beds.
- Net fruit and vegetable crops to keep birds off.
- Prune winter-flowering shrubs if they have finished flowering.
- Prune Wisteria and hardy evergreen hedges.
- Cut back deciduous grasses left uncut over winter.