In The Flower Garden In March
Feed any trees, shrubs and hedges in your garden with a slow-release fertiliser. Lightly fork the fertiliser into the surface of the soil.
Trim winter-flowering heathers as their flowers disappear. This will prevent the plant becoming leggy.
Cut the old leaves from your hellebores to remove any disease and make spring flowers easier to see.
Order plug plants and seeds now, in preparation for beautiful hanging baskets and containers.
Prune and feed roses now. Feed with a special rose feed or fertiliser as they come into growth.
- Prune and feed roses now. Feed with a special rose feed or fertiliser as they come into growth.
- Dig a 5cm layer of compost, well-rotted manure or green waste into vegetable beds. This will get them ready for the growing season!
- Mulch fruit trees with well-rotted manure or compost. Do not mound mulch around the trunk!
- Lay new turf when the ground isn't frozen or waterlogged.
- There is still a lack of food in the wild so keep those bird feeders and trays topped up!