In The Flower Garden This July
Cutting back growth in hanging baskets can encourage new flowers and foliage and will revive the display. Make sure you feed your baskets well after doing this.
Deadhead bedding plants and perennial plants to stop them self-sowing and encourage further flowering.
Continue to tie in and thin new growth on climbing plants.
Check clematis for signs of clematis wilt.
Cut back faded perennial plants to keep borders tidy.
Take cuttings from your favourite tender plants for over wintering indoors.
Use Miracle-Gro All Purpose Soluble plant food to pro-long flowering and healthy growth.
This Month's Key Tips
- Water plants if dry daily, but be water-wise.
- Deadhead bedding plants and flowering perennials.
- Clear algae, blanket weed and debris from ponds.
- Give the lawn a quick-acting summer feed.
- Plant second cropping potatoes now to give you new potatoes for Christmas.