In The Flower Garden This June
Position summer hanging baskets and containers outside.
Lift and divide overcrowded clumps of bulbs and tubers.
Sow fast-growing hardy annuals outside to flower this year.
Pinch out the tips of fuchsias to encourage a busy habit and more flowers.
As new shoots grow, use soft ties to train climbing plants such as honeysuckle and clematis to their support.
Now is the time for planting out into the garden with beautiful flowers that will decorate beds and borders for the rest of the summer.
Deadhead regularly to prevent the plants energy going into seed production rather than more flowers.
This Month's Key Tips
- Pinch out side shoots on tomatoes.
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down.
- Mow lawns at least once a week.
- Be water-wise.
- Shade greenhouses to keep them cool and prevent scorch.
- Prune spring flowering shrubs.