In The Flower Garden This November
Plant tulip bulbs now ready for a spring display next year.
There’s still time to plant daffodil bulbs and other spring flowering bulbs for a magnificent start to next years display.
Now is the ideal time to plant a magnolia tree for a beautiful spring display.
Plant out winter bedding such as pansies, violas and primulas.
Plant heather’s, grasses and trailing ivy in pots for winter colour.
Gather up fallen leaves from around the base of rose bushes which suffered from blackspot or rust this summer, to reduce the chance of infection next year.
Plant up a terracotta pot of hyacinth bulbs for a simple but stunning display in the spring.
Before the birds eat them all, cut a few stems of holly with berries for making Christmas garlands. Stand them in a bucket of water in a sheltered spot where our feathered friends can’t take them.
- Plant tulip bulbs for a spring display next year.
- Clear up fallen leaves - especially from lawns, ponds and plant beds.
- Plant out winter bedding plants.
- Keep our feathered friends nourished with bird food.
- Make sure outdoor pots and containers are protected from frost and raised onto pot feet to prevent water logging.