In The Garden
It’s all about clearing weeds, pruning shrubs and or course taking the time to smell the roses.
Not forgetting to sow fast-growing hardy annuals outside to flower this year.
Put in supports for newly planted dahlias and other tall perennials.
Prune spring-flowering shrubs.
Remove any build-up of blanket weed and duck weed from ponds.
Use water butts as much as possible and water your containers and baskets well in hot weather.
This Month's Key Tips
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down
- Be water-wise and keep plants hydrated
- Pinch out side shoots on tomatoes
- Prune spring flowering shrubs
- Mow lawns weekly
- Shade greenhouses to keep cool and prevent scorch