In The Greenhouse and Shed This November
Clean and maintain your greenhouse. Replace damaged glass and clean it thoroughly, washing the glass, floor and staging with horticultural disinfectant to kill any overwintering pests and diseases.
Be careful not to overwater plants as the winter approaches. Little and often is the key.
Install solar lights in the greenhouse so you can still get out there on dark winter evenings to check your plants.
Use the last of the dry weather to paint sheds and fences with preservatives before winter arrives.
Protect greenhouse plants from frost by insulating with sheets of bubble wrap attached to the inside of the frame. Remember to keep ventilating, particularly after watering.
This Month's Key Tips
- Plant tulip bulbs for a spring display next year.
- Clear up fallen leaves - especially from lawns, ponds and plant beds.
- Plant out winter bedding plants.
- Keep our feathered friends nourished with bird food.
- Make sure outdoor pots and containers are protected from frost.