In The Greenhouse
Insulate the greenhouse with sheets of bubble wrap attached to the inside of the frame, to reduce heat loss.
As the winter approaches, take special care not to over water plants that remain in active growth, little and often is the key.
Install solar lights in the greenhouse so that you can still get out there on dark winter evenings to check your plants.
Don’t forget to ventilate the greenhouse, particularly after watering and when paraffin heaters are used at night.
Replace damaged glass before the worse of the winter weather sets in.
This Month's Key Tips
- Plant tulip bulbs for a spring display next year.
- Clear up fallen leaves - especially from lawns, ponds and plant beds.
- Plant out winter bedding plants.
- Keep our feathered friends nourished with bird food.
- Make sure outdoor pots and containers are protected from frost.