In The Greenhouse
Insulate the greenhouse with sheets of bubble wrap attached to the inside of the frame, to reduce heat loss.
As winter approaches, take special care to not to over water plants that remain in active growth. Little and often is the key.
Install solar lights in the greenhouse so that you can still get out there on dark winter evenings to check your plants.
Don’t forget to ventilate the greenhouse, particularly after watering and when paraffin heaters are used at night.
Replace glass before the worst of the winter weather sets in.
- Plant tulip bulbs for spring display next year.
- Clear up fallen leaves - especially from lawns, ponds and plant beds.
- Plant our winter bedding plants.
- Keep our feathered friends nourished with bird food.
- Make sure outdoor pots and containers are protected from frost and raised onto pot feet to prevent water logging.