In The Home and Greenhouse This February
Water houseplants lightly until they come into active growth.
Ensure greenhouse heaters are working properly.
Keep your cyclamen in a well-lit, cool place and water from below.
Ensure sufficient light levels for houseplants.
Plan your vegetable plot for this year to ensure good crop rotation and prevent pests and diseases building in the soil.
Grown your own basil on the windowsill. Use it to flavour your favourite Italian dishes.
Sow sweet peppers for growing in a heated greenhouse, providing plenty of warmth.
Grow your own Chrysanthemum plants from seed, start them off now in the greenhouse for the earliest blooms.
This Month's Key Tips
- Start to 'chit' seed potatoes in a cool, light and frost free place.
- Plant out primroses, forget-me-nots and wallflowers for early colour.
- Keep bird feeders topped up.
- Prepare vegetable seed beds and sow some vegetables under cover.
- Prune winter-flowering shrubs if they have finished flowering.