In Your Greenhouse
If your greenhouse is fairly empty, now is a good time to clean and disinfect it. This allows more light in and prevent pests and diseases over-wintering.
Remove any greenhouse shading.
Move tender plants into the greenhouse to protect them from early frosts. Makes sure that there is enough space between them to keep them well ventilated and reduce the risk of disease.
Continue to remove any fallen or dead plant material to keep the growing area free of fungal diseases.
Check any plants which you are bringing inside for pests such as aphids.
This Month's Key Tips
- Clear up fallen autumn leaves on a regular basis.
- Cut back perennials that have died down.
- Harvest fruit trees- apples and pears.
- Move tender plants into the greenhouse for winter.
- Renovate old lawns or create new grass areas by laying turf.