In Your Greenhouse
If your greenhouse is fairly empty, now is a good time to clean and disinfect it. This allows more light in and prevents pests and diseases over winter.
Remove any greenhouse shading.
Move tender plants into the greenhouse to protect them from early frosts. Make sure that there is enough space between them to keep them well ventilated and reduce the risk of diseases.
Continue to remove any fallen or dead plant material to keep the growing area free of fungal disease.
Check any plants which you are bringing inside for pests such as aphids.
Now is a great time to set up your greenhouse heater in case of early frosts.
- Clear up fallen autumn leaves on a regular basis.
- Cut back perennials that have died down.
- Harvest fruit trees - apples and pears.
- Move tender plants into the greenhouse for the winter.
- Renovate old lawns or create new grass areas by laying turf.