Instant Summer Colour
It’s the correct time for planting out into the garden with beautiful flowers that will decorate beds and borders for the rest of the summer.
Plant up containers, hanging baskets and planters now the risk of frost has passed.
Check plants daily in the summer, watering always unless the compost is wet.
Drying out is an increasing risk as the plants grow and days remain warm.
Deadhead regularly to prevent the plants energy going into seed production, rather than more flowers.
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down.
- Be water-wise and keep plants hydrated.
- Pinch our sideshoots on tomatoes.
- Harvest lettuce, raddish, other salads and early potatoes.
- Prune spring flowering shrubs.
- Shade greenhouse to keep them cool and prevent scorch.
- Mow lawns weekly.