Keeping The Garden Blooming
Deadhead bedding plants and annual flowering perennial plants to encourage further flowering.
Cut back growth in hanging baskets, this can encourage new flowers and foliage and will revive the display. Make sure you feed your baskets well after doing this.
Continue to tie in and train new growth on climbing plants.
Not forgetting to take cuttings from your favourite tender plants for over-wintering indoors.
Cuttings can also still be taken from shrubs and herbaceous plants.
Use Miracle-Gro All Purpose Soluble plant food to pro-long flowering and healthy growth.
This Month's Key Tips
- Water plants if dry daily, but be water-wise.
- Deadhead bedding plants and flowering perennials.
- Clear algae, blanket weed and debris from ponds.
- Give the lawn a quick-acting summer feed.
- Plant second cropping potatoes now to give you new potatoes for Christmas.