Keeping Your Fruits Fresh
It’s the ideal time to thin out the fruits on your fruit trees to produce good sized crops, this can also prevent brown rot.
Protect fruits from birds by placing netting around your plants.
Don’t forget to prune plum, apricot, peach and cherry trees as well as blackcurrant bushes.
Peg down runners on strawberry plants to create more plants for next year.
Raspberries are shallow rooted so will appreciate being watered generously in hot, dry weather.
- Water plants if dry daily, but be water-wise.
- Deadhead bedding plants and flowering perennials.
- Clear algae, blanket weeds and debris from ponds.
- Give the lawn a quick-acting summer feed.
- Plant second cropping potatoes now to give you new potatoes for Christmas.