Keep on mowing your lawn regularly to keep it looking tidy.
For stronger, healthier grass trim it every week if possible. This routine of taking just a little grass from the top each week will keep the grass stronger than if you scalp the lawn every fortnight.
Water your lawn during hot weather, particularly newly seeded or turfed lawns.
Feed your lawn with lawn fertiliser to encourage healthy green growth.
Use edging shears after each mowing to keep the edge of the lawn looking really sharp.
This Month's Key Tips
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down
- Be water-wise and keep plants hydrated
- Pinch out side shoots on tomatoes
- Prune spring flowering shrubs
- Mow lawns weekly
- Shade greenhouses to keep cool and prevent scorch