Keep on mowing your lawn regularly to keep it looking tidy. For stronger, healthier grass trim it every week if possible.
This routine of taking just a little grass for the top each week will keep the grass stronger than if you scalp the lawn every fortnight.
If the weather is turning hot and dry, leave the grass clipping on the surface rather than collecting.
The fine clippings will help to shade the soil and help to retain what moisture there is in the lawn.
Use edging shears after each mowing to keep the edge of the lawn looking really sharp.
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down.
- Be water-wise and keep plants hydrated.
- Pinch out sideshoots on tomatoes.
- Harvest lettuce, raddish, other salads and early potatoes.
- Prune spring flowering shrubs.
- Shade greenhouse to keep them cool and prevent scorch.
- Mow lawns weekly.