Looking After Your Lawn This April
Sow lawn seed now on well-prepared soil and keep soil moist while it germinates.
Repair any bare patches in your lawn. Try sowing lawn repair grass seed.
Apply lawn weed killer to your lawn wherever moss and weeds are a problem.
Re-cut lawn edges to straighten them up.
For an instant lawn, lay new turf this month and keep it moist until it’s established.
Install lawn edging to make future maintenance easier.
Apply a high-nitrogen fertiliser to your lawn, for a boost at the start of the season.
Aerate compact areas of lawn, by spiking it with a garden fork.
Brush away any worm casts on dry days.
Mow your lawn more regularly, as required. Lower your mower blades towards the end of the month.
This Month's Key Tips
- Keep weeds under control.
- Start to mow the lawn more regularly.
- Tie in climbing plants for extra support.
- Sow hardy annual seeds directly into the ground.
- Plant out strawberry beds.
- Now's the time to grown your own vegetables.