Looking After Your Lawn This February
Remember to keep off the grass when there’s a frost, as the blades are more susceptible to damage.
Resume mowing your lawn on a regular basis.
Tackle young weeds before they have a chance to grow.
Look out for lawn pests and get them under control early.
Consider top dressing to improve the quality of your soil.
With spring on the way it’s worth preparing your lawn for the season ahead. Try installing lawn edging, which gives a neat and tidy appearance and makes maintenance easier.
This Month's Key Tips
- Prepare vegetable seed beds and sow some vegetable under cover.
- Net fruit and vegetable crops to keep birds away.
- Prune winter-flowering shrubs if they have finished flowering.
- Prune wisteria and hardy evergrren hedges.
- Cut back deciduous grasses left uncut over winter.