Looking After Your Lawn This July
Water your lawn during hot weather, particularly newly seeded or turfed lawns. Don’t allow new lawns to dry out.
This is your last chance to feed your lawn with lawn fertiliser to encourage healthy green growth.
Recut any lawn edges if needed and install lawn edging to make future maintenance easier.
Warm weather encourages rapid weed growth – apply specific lawn weed killer to tackle this problem.
If your lawn is infested by ants, brush out the nests on a dry day only. Always brush them away before mowing.
If there is prolonged dry weather, set mower blades higher to reduce stress on the grass.
This Month's Key Tips
- Water plants if dry daily, but be water-wise.
- Deadhead bedding plants and flowering perennials.
- Clear algae, blanket weed and debris from ponds.
- Give the lawn a quick-acting summer feed.
- Plant second cropping potatoes now to give you new potatoes for Christmas.