Looking After Your Lawn This June
Water your lawn during hot weather, particularly newly seeded or turfed lawns. Keep new lawns well-watered.
Feed your lawn with a special lawn fertiliser to encourage healthy green growth.
Recut lawn edges, or install lawn edging to make future maintenance easier.
If there hasn’t been much rain, raise your lawn mower blades to reduce stress on the grass.
Mow lawns at least once a week. You could consider leaving some areas uncut for wildlife.
Warm weather encourages rapid weed growth. Apply specific lawn weed killer to tackle them.
This Month's Key Tips
- Hoe borders regularly to keep weeds down
- Be water-wise and keep plants hydrated
- Pinch out sideshoots on tomatoes
- Prune spring flowering shrubs
- Mow lawns weekly
- Shade greenhouse to keep cool and prevent scorch