Looking After Your Lawn This November
Set your lawn mower to a higher cut-height for winter.
Continue to clear fallen leaves off the lawn to keep it healthy using a light rake.
Aerate your lawn now before winter sets in. Either use a lawn aerator or simply insert a garden fork at regular intervals and lean it back slightly to let air in.
Edge your lawn. This is easy to do in the winter months once beds are clear. Lawn edging creates a neat and tidy appearance and makes maintenance easier throughout the year.
This Month's Key Tips
- Plant tulip bulbs for a spring display next year.
- Clear up fallen leaves - especially from lawns, ponds and plant beds.
- Plant out winter bedding plants.
- Keep our feathered friends nourished with bird food.
- Make sure outdoor pots and containers are protected from frost.