Looking After Your Lawn
This is the last chance to feed your lawn with lawn fertiliser to encourage healthy growth.
Water your lawn during the hot weather, especially newly seeded or turfed lawns. Do not allow new lawns to dry out.
The warm weather encourages rapid weed growth, apply lawn weed killer to tackle this problem.
Re-cut any lawn edges if needed and mow lawn regularly.
If there is prolonged dry weather, set mower blades higher to reduce stress on the grass.
- Water plants if dry daily, but be water-wise.
- Deadhead bedding plants and flowering perennials.
- Clear algae, blanket weeds and debris from ponds.
- Give the lawn a quick-acting summer feed.
- Plant second cropping potatoes now to give you new potatoes for Christmas.