Other Jobs About The Garden
Use water butts as much as you can to water your plants.
Recycle your water- collect washing up water in a bucket outside for watering bed and lawns.
Hedges can be given a final trim now before they stop growing.
Keep bird baths topped up in hot weather.
Scoop floating weeds and algae from ponds.
Damp down your greenhouse on hot days to increase humidity and deter red spider mites.
Turn the compost in your compost bins every morning to keep it well aerated and to speed up decomposition.
This Month's Key Tips
- Deadhead flowering plants regularly.
- Keep ponds and water features topped up.
- Watering - particularly containers and new plants, preferably with recycled water or stored rainwater.
- Harvest vegetables regularly as they become ready to promote new growth.
- Don't delay summer pruning fruits trained as restricted forms.