Other Jobs About The Garden
Build a cold frame to protect your plants from extreme winter weather.
Net ponds to prevent leaves falling into them. If you need to clear pond weed lay it next to the pond for a day to allow wildlife to escape back to the water.
Invest in bird baths and bird feeders, Birds are gardeners friends and will keep pests numbers down.
Once plants are dormant, it is a good time to lift and relocate any plant that you want to move.
Clean out water butts and let the autumn rains refill them.
Use the last of the dry weather to paint sheds and fences before winter arrives.
Reuse spent compost from annual container displays as a mulch on the garden.
- Plant tulip bulbs for a spring display next year.
- Clear up fallen leaves - especially from lawns, ponds and plant beds.
- Plant our winter bedding plants.
- Keep our feathered friends nourished with bird food.
- Make sure outdoor pots and containers are protected from frost and raised onto pot feet to prevent water logging.