Other Jobs Around The Garden This April
Top up raised beds with compost and good quality topsoil.
Improve the drainage of heavy soils by incorporating plenty of organic matter.
Keep on top of weeding now that the weather is warming up. Run a hoe through beds and borders.
Apply weed killer to perennial weeds in paving and patios.
Remove dirt from your paths and paving before summer arrives. Use a pressure washer or special patio cleaner.
Top up bird baths and bird feeding stations to encourage birds in your garden.
Invest in water butts. Position them under a downpipe to make the most of rainfall.
Divide bamboos and waterlilies.
Top dress containers with fresh compost. If your containers are already full replace the top 5cm of old compost with fresh stuff.
This Month's Key Tips
- Keep weeds under control.
- Start to mow the lawn more regularly.
- Tie in climbing plants for extra support.
- Sow hardy annual seeds directly into the ground.
- Plant out strawberry beds.
- Now's the time to grown your own vegetables.