Watering is needed for containers and new plants every few days possibly daily, preferably with recycled water or stored rainwater.
Deadhead flowering plants regularly growing in pots, containers and hanging baskets to ensure they bloom into autumn.
Feed containers and border perennials with a liquid feed weekly to encourage flowering into early autumn.
Cut back faded perennials to keep borders tidy.
This Month's Key Tips
- Deadhead flowering plants regularly.
- Keep ponds and water features topped up.
- Watering - particularly containers and new plants, preferably with recycled water or stored rainwater.
- Harvest vegetables regularly as they become ready to promote new growth.
- Don't delay summer pruning fruits trained as restricted forms.